• ATTENZIONE
    A seguito della migrazione dalla vecchia alla nuova piattaforma, se avete dei problemi di accesso, prima di fare dei nuovi account, inviate una email a segreteria@aiconline.it e risolvo il problema

Tylochromis

Miles

Moderatore
Tylochromis cf. lateralis German bred
586353-tylochromis-cf-lateralis-mann-von-holtum.jpg

For the first time ever we can offer German bred specimens of this beautiful and unusual large cichlid. The parents have been imported from the Congo. Keeping and breeding were successful under the following conditions: total hardness 14°, pH 7. The sexes show a clearly visible sexual dimorphism at an age of about 1.5 -2 years. Dominant males are fully developed after 3 years (at least I don´t believe that they will change anymore, I do own the fish only 3-4 years). At this age they are about 30 cm long. Females are only 20 cm long at this age. For additional differences between the sexes, please see the photos.

586353-tylochromis-cf-lateralis-frau-von-holtum.jpg

These beautiful fish do not only look a bit like Geophagus from South America, also the behaviour is comparable. The feeding habit is similar to Geophagus: fine sand is sieved by the fish for food and the particular food particles the fish feed on are comparatively small. My fish get granulates, flakes, and frozen white and black mosquito larvae. Dominant males are territorial.

586353-tylochromis-cf-lateralis-nz-mann.jpg

There are also parallels to Geophagus in respect of the breeding behaviour. Tylochromis cf. lateralis are ovophilous, maternal mouthbrooders. At least my wild collected fish spawn only seasonally. However, it is too early to say anything about this in respect of bred specimens. Currently only a F1 has been bred.

586353-tylochromis-cf-lateralis-nz-frau.jpg

For our customers: the fish have code 586353 on our stocklist. Please note that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade. Available in limited numbers only!

Airfish ognio tanto ha quelli del tanganica (polylepis) ma non li ho mai presi perche' vorrei prenderli al lago. Se guardate nel topic sulla Costa d'Avorio di Francesco ne ha pescati in diverse lagune (jentinki), ci sono diverse foto.

Ciao Enrico

Ultima modifica:

Guida Ciclidi

Nuova edizione Ordinala

Anteprima bollettini

Numero 1/2024

• Lethrinops sp. “auritus lion” Lion’s Cove di Morgan Malvezzi
• Coptodon louka. Un pesce di grande adattabilità di Michel C. W. Keijman
• Tropicali in toscana di Lorenzo Tarocchi e Mario Donida Maglio
• La sfida con il pH. La mia esperienza con Apistogramma mendezi. di Stefano Moneta

Arretrati
Indietro
Alto